Privateer (Frame only)
A versatile butted CrMo steel frame that can be built up as a versatile "all rounder" road bike, for loaded touring, or as a flat bar commuter.
How do you get one, if you don't know how to build your own bike?
Bike shops may already have built bikes on the shop floor, but most customers have a local bike shop order and build one with parts to specially suit your tastes, budget, and the type of rider you are. So your perfect bike awaits.
- Tange Infinity double butted CrMo steel main tubes; tapered CrMo rear tubes
- Fits racks and fenders
- Three sets of water bottle bosses
- Extra tall headtube makes upright builds look better
- Pump peg on headtube
- Horizontal dropouts allows for geared, internal geared and single-speed builds
- Will handle tires up to 700x41c
- Designed for cantilever brakes (or "v-brakes")
- Optional fork available (Lugged sloping crown, 50mm rake, low rider pannier braze-ons, double eyelets at dropouts) (Frame is compatible with forks that have a 390-400mm axle to crown with 44 - 50mm rake/offset)
- Sizes: 44, 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60cm
- Paint: Copper and Gloss Black
- Part Requirements: Seatpost: 27.2mm OD, Front derailleur: 28.6mm OD bottom pull, Headset: 1-1/8", external cup, Rear hub: 130 or 135mm (spacing is 132.5mm), Brakes: Cantilevers or V-brakes, Bottom bracket: 68mm shell, English threaded. Sizes: 52 and smaller has a rear cable stop on the seat tube (not the seatstay and requires a small section of Teflon cable liner to thread through the guide.